Friday, July 06, 2007

Extra Spice? um, no thanks!

For food of convenience, I have always like the Yeo's curry chicken canned food. The taste is decent and comparable to what I usually cook using the real chicken and pre-packed curry gravy. Recently, I notice Yeo has a new version created -- Chicken Curry Extra Spice!

So, while I was out there in the NTUC Fairprice shopping for my weekly groceries, I grabbed the Special Value Pack - 3 canned of "Chicken Curry Extra Spice" without much hesitation.

The moment I poured the canned stuff into a clear bowl, I began to wonder how on earth Yeo could actually allowed such stuff in the market. The chicken parts were basically swimming in chilli oil that was clearly separated from the curry gravy. I tried heating the whole thing up in the microwave oven but to no avail of getting the thick chilli oil to dissolve in the curry gravy.

The 3 packed deals should had alerted me something. If the food was really good, the food itself would be a good attractor of buyers. The 3 packed deal was simply an indicator of something not so right!

No comments: