Friday, August 03, 2007

Resources are scarce. That's what Choice comes about!


As a parent, I have heard enough of relentless urging from the so-called intellectual ones not to deprive my kids from attending enrichment classes, be it music, dancing, swimming, drama and basically, everything that you can think of.

I have never failed to wonder if they are indeed suggesting for the general well-being of the child or is it just out of egotism that they have to say something to put people down.

Needless to say, they always and will never give up drumming these children-are-all-so-unique-so-let-them-have-grounds-to-explore values into my already stressed ears. Oh, gosh. Spare me, please!

Seriously, do you think that if parents have the means and capabilities, do you aptly think that they enjoy their little ones not learning something extraordinary? If I can have all the resources like abundance of time and money, what makes you so sure that it will not pain my heart when my little girl begs me for ballet and painting classes, and my little boy, playing piano and karate kicking??

So, people, the next time if your relentless urge is there to share your kind thoughts, please hold your horses! Check to see if the receipient could be moi because many a times, I will simply regard your kind thoughts as just another faking concern!

Oops, no offence, I hope.

2 comments:

Mark IV said...

i was a kid not too long ago and till i was like 13 every class mom n dad sent me to was just to talk and giggle and make more friends....
well all that changed after i was 15. then it was to make more GIRL friends!

and now, sitting in a corporate with a big board and all, i think about those days i wasted, and feel SO HAPPY with myself. glad i enjoyed every bit of my childhood when lesser mortals had to sing hoarse and break their fingers on the piano....
:-) (purely sattirical. i suggest u send all ur kids and some of the neighbors' as well to every class u can find... in all fake concern and humility, MARK!)

peppersalt said...

oh yeah? so in all the fake concern and humility that I have to even support neighbours' kids? this will lead me to financial bleeding!