Monday, August 06, 2007

Monsters

It was 11 pm and my little boy had already dozed off at my side when out of nowhere, I heard a soft flapping sound. My little girl who was still awake heard it, too. I knew it must be that little pest for I swore that I just saw it in the morning. I thought it would have already left the room but on hearing the flapping sound had proven me that I was wrong.


The flapping sound got into my girl's nerve that she was petrified. I, too, was scared. The sound seemed to come from the back of the window blind. I had every reasons to believe that the unwelcomed pest had been trapped between the window and the blind. I aptly switched on the 2 bedroom lights. With my bravery, for I had no other choice, I slided the window near the source of the flapping sound, hoping that the pest could fly through that window opening and out to the street.

We waited.

Nothing happened.

At that point of time, the flapping sound had also ceased. With bolsters in our arms, I and Jie jie cuddled up together at a corner of the room, waiting for something about to happen.

EXPECTEDLY,

out came the pest. Yes, that medium sized ugly looking moth. It was'nt that little as I thought. Just medium sized. It flew past the room, which left I and Jie jie screaming our lungs out. Afterwhich, the ugly looking pest went on to make a few more rounds before coming to a halt. Amidst the commotion, I lost track of where it was. Not knowing it's whereabouts definitely instill more fear in me. Fortunately, Jie jie spotted it. It had landed on one of the lampshades.

Both of us felt very "unsafe" in the room that we decided to make an escape to the hall. With arms wrapping each other, we lowered our heads and awkwardly made our way out, abandoning our Di di in the room with the ugly pest. Strangely, all those while when we were shouting and screaming, Di di was still in slumberland undisturbed. In contrast, I and Jie jie were behaving hysterically like mad women. How ironical!

Just then, Jie jie reported that there were TWO moths in the room. I was wondering how could that be possible?? One was just more than enough to scare my nerve out and now she said she saw TWO!!! It was already past 11 and there were TWO moths in the room!!! I was completely horrified. I needed my sleep badly but I could'nt enter the bedroom with those two ugly monsters inside. HELP!

We were just in luck because before long, my husband came home. With only plastic bags in hand, he easily cupped the moths into the bags without much effort.

All in just a split of seconds!

2 comments:

Reza Pirooz Far said...

I love ur weblogs, they r really so cute

Yo ArtSparks! said...

stumble upon your blog and saw your cool pic :)