Monday, September 17, 2007

Unusual days


As expected, we did'nt get to watch any movie over the weekends. Instead, it was a fun filled weekends at Desaru, for my husband drove the three of us there. It was a planned outing with his business buddies. So, counting us in, it was an impressive troop of ten cars in all, car cruising all the way to Kota Tinggi before we finally reached Desaru, inwhich we spent a night there. It was definitely an unusual weekend experience and the kids really enjoyed it.

Having spent the weekends away from home, chores seemed to be building up in the house and I had a busy morning clearing stuffs and all that. It is always at time like this that I wish for a domestic helper.

Unlike most Mondays inwhich my freezer would have a complete stock of fresh food supply ranging from poultry to fishes to last for the week, so just this morning when I took stock of what was left in the freezer, I was having a hard time deciding what to cook for lunch and dinner. Apparently, the freezer was left with almost little stock because there was obviously no visit to the wet market the other day.

Eventually, lunch was merely porridge with batang fillets and some scrambled egg. So immediately after the kids had left for school, I headed to the neighbourhood NTUC to stock some fresh products.

It is also always at such time when I truely appreciate the place that I'm staying, never mind the fact that it is not a private estate.

No comments: