Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Birthday

It is my boy's birthday and he has been counting the days. Now that the day is here, he has a wishful thought that he could get another round of present from us. I have to be firm, lest I give in to his whines again.

What happened was, he had pestered us into buying a game controller several months ago. He could'nt wait to have it till his birthday and so he managed to get his way by assuring us that it would be an early birthday gift.

But, a birthday without a present is like, oh so pathetic, you think. I was almost sold to such thoughts at first. Yesterday, I was at the newstand scouring high and low in search of his favourite magazine. Luckily, it was sold out.

Present or no present, he will still get to blow the candles on the cake. Most important of all, I have the duty to inculcate the right value upon him. He is to know that "a promise once made, has to be honoured."

Well, he does have a present. An early present, that is.

No comments: