Friday, October 05, 2007

I pay!


Save the planet because every little effort counts?

But wait. I don't see the point.

All of us know that urbanisation has lead to the doom of our planet Earth. It is not as though human participation of the crime has happened overnight. The Earth is not wrecked by us in one day. It has been put to an anticipated and expected gradual doom since yesterday, the day before and the many many days before.

From the start of urbanisation, all mankind are pretty aware of the consequences. Even at childhood, I have teachers telling me about the human activities that lead to the destroyal of ozone layers.

So, why is the world acting panicky only now? I am now made a target of the constant drumming of the Save The Earth campaign every first Wednesday of the month. Why me?! Perhaps my greatest mistake is that I don't own a branded tote that shouts "I'm not a plastic bag"!

Whatever the reason be, I don't think I can stand the noise and this has really made me annoyed.

So, what if I adore the use of plastic bag? Plenty of them even, that I have been using. They are almost secondary to my staples of food.
Now that I have to pay for the plastic bags to hold the groceries, let's be it.
I PAY!

1 comment:

Meor@Maru said...

Yea.. you pay... indeed...
I guess, the problem is not about using plastic bags or what... as long as you dispose them or keep them well, it won't do any harm... Even if you pay... Maybe your grand children will 'pay' more later... I don't think that we are doing all the 'save the earth thingamabob' just to save our own ass... It's for the next generation...

Hehe.. personally, i used plastic bags too... the only thing is that I used same ones every time i went shopping...

Anyway, i respect your choice and I don't think that both, you and me will ever have the opportunity to really see the end of this world that we've been screwn (sorry if used the wrong word) up for hundreds of years...